Mushroom Sage Chicken & Rice Soup
My guess is we have just as many Roast Chicken recipes as we do Chicken Soup recipes. Why am I guessing? Let me count and get back to you.
Actually we have 11 Whole Roast Chicken Recipes and only 9 variations of Chicken Soup. That would explain why our freezer is overflowing with Homemade Chicken Broth and why this recipe needs to be shared (since we made it back in July).
This particular soup started with this gorgeous bird and a whole lotta flavor love. Our Mushroom & Sage Roast Chicken is one of my favorites.
The glorious broth infused with flavor made my task of soup queen quite a breeze.
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbl. butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-3 fresh sage leaves, minced
- ½ cup long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced
- salt and pepper
- Sauté mushrooms in butter over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove and reserve.
- Sauté onion, celery and carrot in olive oil until tender, about 7 minutes. Add in garlic and sage and sauté an additional minute.
- Add in rice and stir until coated. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Add in chicken and reserved mushrooms and heat through. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
6,274 total views, 1 views today