Baked Sweet Potato with Roasted Grapes & Ricotta Honey all begins with a Perfectly Baked Potato. From there prepare for a flavor bonanza.
On their own, tender baked sweet potatoes take on a lovely caramelized flavor. Mash them with a little butter seasoned with nutmeg and cinnamon and they become very, very comfortable.
Roasted grapes. Holy WOW! From the moment I first saw this recipe I couldn’t wait to try my hand at roasting grapes. I had no idea that what had intrigued me would so captivate my taste buds. When roasted, the sweet flavor of the grapes becomes nicely concentrated. Like little bites of the most delicious jam.
I’m already thinking about the next thing I want to top with these sweet gems.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- drizzle of sunflower or other high heat oil
- 1 Tbl. butter
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbl. honey, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. With a fork poke sweet potatoes in 3-4 places. Wrap in aluminum foil. Spread grapes on a shallow baking sheet and drizzle with sunflower oil.
- Place potatoes and grapes in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until grapes begin to burst. Remove grapes and allow to cool to room temperature while sweet potato continues baking, about 30 minutes or until potato is soft.
- To serve, cut the top third off each sweet potato and scoop out their flesh. Mash with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & pepper. Return potato to two larger skins. Mix ricotta cheese with 2 Tbl. honey. Spoon equally onto potato halves. Top each potato with a spoonful of roasted grapes and a drizzle of honey.
10,893 total views, 5 views today