Sweet rich Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Cake checks all the boxes.
Chocolate lovers dream.
It’s like brownie meets fudge meets chocolate cake.
Every bite is meant to be savored and that I shall do.
Did I mention that it’s a 5-Ingredient super simple recipe (thank you What’s Gaby Cooking)!
Classically this cake is served with a dusting of powered sugar and fresh raspberries.
I made a gorgeous silky smooth Raspberry Puree (getting a little fancy) which looks so pretty on the plate.
Wouldn’t this make a beautiful Easter Dessert? It smiles of Spring.
And then there’s the decadent caramel drizzle version topped with scoops of ice cream.
Sometimes less is more I know.
But sometimes a celebration is in order and you just want to go big!
There was an evening last summer, much to the kid’s delight, that we made a Flourless Chocolate Ice Cream Cake. Big fun!
No matter how you serve it, whether you follow a Gluten Free diet or not, Flourless Chocolate Cake is a legitimate treat and one of my favorite Adventures in Chocolate.
All my best,
Flourless Chocolate Cake
For the Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 large eggs
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Raspberries
- Raspberry Puree see Recipe Link in post
- Caramel Sauce
- Scoops of Ice Cream
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter 10-inch springform pan, then line bottom with parchment paper. In a heavy sauce pan over low heat, melt butter with chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Whisk in sugar and cocoa powder until smooth. Add eggs and whisk until mixture is combined well and smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Run a knife around egde of pan then release pan sides.
- For Powdered Sugar with Fresh Raspberries, using a fine mesh strainer dust top with powdered sugar and decorate with raspberries and raspberry puree.
- For Caramel and Ice Cream, it's best to scoop ice cream balls several hours in advance and refreeze them so they hold their shape. Drizzle cake with caramel sauce and top with ice cream balls.