After admitting how much I loooved Peppermint Bark it was high thyme I gave it a go. Making it from scratch that is. There has never been a better group of taste-testers than my work family so today I Shared the Love. In the form of Peppermint Bark.
For those of you who avoid recipes with long lists of ingredients or complicated instructions….this one’s for you. Three ingredients and three easy steps.
- Melt dark chocolate, then spread on a foil lined baking sheet. Chill.
- Melt white chocolate, allow to cool slightly then spread on chilled chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over white chocolate pressing in gently. Chill. Break. Enjoy.
Here’s wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from our Lemony Thyme family to yours.
- 12 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or chips
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped or chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint bits
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with tin foil. Set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate according to package instructions. Spread onto lined baking sheet. Use an offset spatula to smooth into an even layer. Place in refrigerator until set, about 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate according to package instructions. Allow to cool slightly. Spread over dark chocolate layer. Use an offset spatula to smooth into an even layer.
- While white chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Gently press into white chocolate. Place in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Once completely set, break into smaller uneven pieces. Share the Love.
6,162 total views, 2 views today