This Sweet Potato Praline Cake is a combination of our favorite Praline Banana Nut Muffins and heavenly Sweet Potato Casserole with Brown Sugar & Pecans. I debated back and forth on what to name this coffee cake. The cake itself is sweet, yet in a subtle way and oh so moist. The praline topping is amazing. Definitely reminiscent of a favorite Thanksgiving side dish. I thought I’d let these pictures do most of the talking. Enjoy!
Did I mention how moist and delicious this Sweet Potato Praline Cake is? I dropped off a piece to my mom & dad in-law this weekend and brought the rest to work today to Share the Love. I was very popular :) The girls in the office said my recipe title doesn’t do this cake justice. Something about Shut the Front Door, Slap Your Mama, Get Down On It Cake came up. They’re crazy like that.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour Bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, pecans, flour and cinnamon. Mixture will be thick.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla, eggs, and sweet potato and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to sweet potato mixture, beating until combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into prepared pan. Crumble about ⅓ of praline mixture over batter. Top with remaining batter and crumble remaining praline mixture on top.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack before removing from pan. Lay a dinner plate over cake, carefully turn over to release from pan. Then place serving plate on cake and invert again to present.
10,236 total views, 3 views today