Have I got a story for you! But first let me introduce Prosciutto Wrapped Mascarpone Stuffed Figs of Love!
Sweet delicious figs, filled with a spoon of creamy mascarpone, a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of chopped pecans, all wrapped in prosciutto love.
It’s the savory, salty, sweet trifecta that pleases your palate!
I received an anonymous tip (not really but that sounds cool). Actually a friend, who shall rename unnamed, told me about two glorious fig trees.
They are situated on what we’ll call public property and trust me when I say they are gigantic. Each tree is loaded with at least 1000 figs.
With a step stool in hand, we took to the trees.
It was clear by the number of overripe figs that no one was harvesting the fruit. And by the number of green figs, that we shall be enjoying fig dishes for weeks to come.
I’m sworn to secrecy on the location of said trees (but they are walking distance from my house).
With this picture of figs, I asked you what you’d like to see me make. The recipe inspiration was amazing!!
Stuffed figs, prosciutto wrapped stuffed figs, fig pizza, figs on salad, fig cookies, fig jam…
I couldn’t wait to get to started! So here we are.
- Take each fig and cut an ‘X’ in the top about halfway down
- Put about a teaspoon of mascarpone cheese in each one
- Wrap a half piece of prosciutto around them
- Then sprinkle with a tiny bit of flaky sea salt
- Drizzle with honey
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 10 minutes
These delectable bundles of figgy love make a wonderful appetizer. The honey with the nuts on top is the perfect finish. And the prosciutto does exactly what prosciutto does best….it makes everything taste better!
Are there recipes that remind you of a favorite vacation that you’d like to see us recreate? I’d love for you to comment below. Your feedback is so important to me (and keeps the recipe love fresh).
All my best,
Pin It For Later!
Prosciutto Wrapped Mascarpone Stuffed Figs of Love
- 12 fresh ripe figs
- 6 slices prosciutto cut in half
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon flakey sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- garnish with fresh lemony thyme leaves optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the stems off the figs. Then cut an 'X' in the top of each one 1/2 way through, leaving the bottom in tact.
- Using a small spoon put a teaspoon of mascarpone in the center of each fig. Sprinkle with a tiny bit of flaky sea salt, then drizzle with honey a sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place stuffed figs in a baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh lemony thyme leaves (optional).