Sharing Fresh Mexican Street Corn Dip You’ll Love. Your family will request. And your neighbors will covet.
We’ve taken classic Mexican street corn and cut it off the cob. Because scooping corn chips through creamy fresh grilled corn that’s bursting with chili and lime flavors …is FUN!!Jump to Recipe
Each week our local Farmers Market blossoms with new fresh produce and gorgeous flowers. The first week was beets, carrots, cucumbers, broccolini, and peaches.
By the second week we added potatoes, green beans, and sweet corn on the cob.
We bought and grilled more corn than we could eat, it came down to Corn Chowder or a nice crisp flavorful corn dip. With the temps in the 90s, this dip recipe was born and you’ll love it.
I took all the same flavor profiles that you would slather on corn on the cob to make Elote. Elote, also known as Mexican street corn, means corncob or ‘ear of corn’ in Spanish and is traditionally served slathered with a mixture of mayonnaise, crema, cilantro, chili powder, garlic, lime juice and crumbled Cotija cheese.
For our this recipe I also added fine diced jalapeño and green onion. I served this dip at room temperature but it’s delicious oven warmed as well.
I’m certain my family is silently cheering right now. Witnessing me eat an ear of corn is not a pretty sight! Let’s just say I’m enthusiastic in my approach and committed until the end. So this Mexican Street Corn Dip has now become a family favorite. It sings of summer with fresh bright flavors like chili and lime, and delivers a delicious creamy corn crunch!
All my best,
Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 4 ears corn on the cob shucked and grilled until lightly charred
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons crema or sour cream
- 1/4 cup Cotija Mexican crumbling cheese
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves rough chopped
- 1 small jalapeño fine diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (we used Tajin chili lime seasoning) or more to taste
- salt & pepper taste
- fresh cilantro & cotjita cheese for garnish
- Grill corn on the cob until lightly charred. Remove kernels from the cobs. Whisk together remaining ingredient, add in corn kernels and stir until well combined. Adjust seasoning to taste. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and crumbled Cotija cheese for garnish. Serve at room temperature with favorite chips or crackers. To serve warm, place in a greased oven proof dish and bake at 325° F. for 15 minutes.