From time to thyme we go on a low-carb kick. Cauliflower has become the new potato in our house. We’ve made Cauliflower Mash for years, but have recently begun turning it into other side dishes, like Cauliflower Rice, Cauliflower ‘Potato’ Salad, and Cauliflower Cheese Grits.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 2-3 Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb cheese wedges
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Trim cauliflower into florets, then chop in food processor in batches to about rice size pieces.
- Put chopped cauliflower in a medium sauce pan with ½ cup water. Over low heat gently simmer until liquid has absorbed. Add in milk/cream, then gradually add in cheeses, stirring to combine until cheese has melted. Add additional milk to desired consistency. Season will salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
52,816 total views, 39 views today