As I continue with my quest to share all the “Classic” Salads I can think of I’m branching out to dressings as well. I hadn’t had Catalina Salad Dressing in years until Friday. I had forgotten how much I love it’s sweet tangy flavor.
Catalina Salad Dressing and the Classic Lunch Counter Style Chef Salad are meant for each other.
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 3 Tbl. sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. paprika
- shot of hot sauce
- pinch of salt & pepper
- ½ cup canola or other mild oil
- Add all ingredients through salt & pepper to a high-speed blender. Process for 1 minute.
- With blender running, slowly pour oil through feed hole and blend for 1 minute or until emulsified.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 weeks in refrigerator.
4,770 total views, 3 views today