This post is a lot more about how I like to serve Buffalo Chicken Wings then it is about how to make them, although we’ll cover that too!
Crispy baked chicken wings get dosed with the perfect sauce and a sprinkle of blue cheese.Jump to Recipe
While I’ve technically completed my 5 New Chicken Wing Recipes in 5 Weeks personal challenge, I figured there’s always room for one more. Buffalo Chicken Wings are such a classic that I wanted the recipe documented in the archives. I now have six chicken wing recipes to share and growing.
I have this vision that one day my great grandchildren will be making my recipes. They’ll call them vintage and think they’re cool ;-)
While the wings are baking at 400 degrees F. for an hour, you’ll make the buffalo sauce. It’s three ingredients: Frank’s Redhot Sauce (1/2 ~ 1-1/2 cups depending on how hot you like your wings), 1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter, and 2 teaspoons garlic powder; whisked together over medium heat for just a few minutes until heated through.
I start with 1/2 cup of Frank’s for “medium” wings and build from there. Nick on the other hand is more of a “hot” kind of guy.
Pour this sauce over your wings and toss. The next step is the game-changer!
Serve Them Up
After you toss your wings in the buffalo sauce, instead of serving them on a plate…pour them over a big bowl of tortilla chips and sprinkle with some crumbled blue cheese.
The extra buffalo sauce rolls off keeping the wings crispy not soggy sitting in a pool of sauce.
I’m definitely a crispy wing kind of girl.
When the wings are gone you’ll have a heavenly bowl of buffalo chips!
I’m telling you this is a game changer.
Thanks RG for the chip tip all those years ago!
If you’re looking for all these amazing flavors stirred up into one dish, then you’ve got to try our Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe! It remains a family favorite and a game-day must!
How do you serve your chicken wings? I’d love for you to comment below and share your family favorites. And don’t forget to subscribe by email so you don’t miss a new recipe.
All my best, Libby
Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings flats & drummettes separated
- 1/2 ~ 1 1/2 cups Frank's Redhot Sauce adjust according to how hot you like your wings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- tortilla chips
- blue cheese crumbles
- blue cheese & ranch dressing
- carrot & celery sticks
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a rack in pan. Arrange chicken wings in single layer on rack. Bake for 1 hour until wings are crispy.
- Meanwhile prepare sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in garlic pwoder and desired amount of Frank's Redhot Sauce. 1/2 cup = mild. 1 cup = mild/medium. 1 1/2 cups = medium/hot. Whisk until combined and warmed through.
- When wings are crispy, remove to a bowl. Pour wing sauce over top and toss wings to coat.
- Fill a bowl with tortilla chips. Pour sauced wings over chips. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles. Serve with carrot & celery sticks, blue cheese and ranch dressing.