Refreshing Summer Thyme Sangria will ease you right into the weekend.
I mean shoes off, feet up, summer breeze blowing in your hair. Are you with me? This light and fruity sipper is gentle enough for brunch. It’s perfect to share with friends. Pretty enough for the front porch yet begs for the backyard!
Use your favorite fruits of the season with a bottle of nice crispy white wine. Adding a few other flavor enhancers like vodka, simple syrup, and a sprig or two of lemony thyme (or your favorite fresh herb) add complexity.
Fresh strawberries, peaches, cherries, pineapple, and lemon get a little tipsy in a nice soak of chilled vodka, white wine and a splash of simple syrup.
If you can give the fruit at least two hours your Summer Thyme Sangria will will take on the beautiful fruit flavors. You can use any combination of berries and stone fruit that you love.
Our summer sangria begins with a simple syrup. You combine equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then whisk to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool before using.
Simple syrups are another wonderful way to infuse layers of flavor. Just add herbs, aromatics, fruit or even spices to the sugar water while boiling. I’ve made vanilla, cranberry, ginger, and brown sugar.
Once your fruit has had time to hang out and chill with the white wine and vodka, it’s ready to serve. This white sangria is so smooth and delicious! It’s the perfect pool-side sipper, backyard bbq batch-cocktail, and weekend brunch beverage.
All my best,
Summer Thyme Sangria
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 peach sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup simple syrup more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine
- fresh lemony thyme sprigs optional garnish
- Prepare simple syrup by combining equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisk to dissolve sugar. Cool before using.
- Combine all recipe ingredients in a pitcher and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve chilled with lemony thyme sprigs (optional).