Avocado & Chicken Salad Boats with hints of lime, cumin and cilantro. This delicious plate could easily become my new favorite lunch. The mashed avocado replaces mayonnaise in this recipe, lending numerous healthy benefits.
While my Healthy Choices eating plan doesn’t quite have room for the calories of a whole avocado every day, I happily incorporate a half an avocado almost daily. It’s a huge treat that adds a dose of delicious to any meal.
Avocado & Chicken Salad Boats first happened at the office. A couple of coworkers and I each brought in an ingredient and we pulled it together in less than 15 minutes. Completely filling, full of fresh flavor, and far better than a drive-thru meal.
Avocado & Chicken Salad Boats
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves rough chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast about 8 ounces, cubed
- salt & pepper to taste
- romaine lettuce boats about 3-4 per serving
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado. Squeeze in lime juice. Add cilantro and cumin and mix well.
- Add in sliced tomatoes, scallion, cubed cooked chicken, and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve on romaine lettuce boats.
8,084 total views, 1 views today