Chicken & Cashew Lettuce Wraps.
Do you ever pick something up to take a bite and quickly realize there’s no putting it down? It’s just too yummy to stop or too messy to chance a reload. I find this is the case with most cupcakes, wrap sandwiches, corn on the cob, tacos, and definitely lettuce wraps. This dish needs to be eaten at the table, with family & friends, where you can lean over your plate, lick your fingers, and not worry about a napkin until you’ve taken the last bite.
I probably should have addressed this in one of my first posts, but generally speaking we adjust recipes and cook for two (though occasionally we eat for four). For the lettuce wraps I like bibb lettuce because it’s more pliable, however iceberg lettuce cups are great too and have a nice crunch.
This dish is super easy and really great fun to eat and share with friends.
- 1 raw chicken breast, cut into ½" cubes
- 1 Tbl. canola oil
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- raw veggie salad: sliced radish, grated carrot & Brussels sprouts, sliced Fresno peppers
- ½ cup peanut sauce (tonight we're using the quick method ~ House of Tsang Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce).
- 1 Tbl soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Lettuce leaves such as Boston bibb or iceberg.
- Combine ½ cup peanut sauce with 1 Tbl soy sauce and 1 minced garlic clove. minced.
- Saute chicken cubes over hot oil for 2-3 minutes, add sauce to coat and heat through. Toss with scallions & cashews. Serve with lettuce wraps and raw salad.
4,943 total views, 1 views today