I love this dish. Veal Marsala is a favorite Italian dish.
You might also like our Chicken Marsala recipe.
- 4 (2-3 oz. each) veal medallions
- ¼ cup flour
- salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves only minced
- 1 Tbl. butter
- 1 Tbl. cream
- parsley to garnish
- serve over buttered egg noodles
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place flour, salt & pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge veal pieces in flour.
- Once oil is hot, brown veal pieces, cooking 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and reserve.
- Reduce heat to medium, add shallot, garlic, and mushrooms and saute until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown. Add wine, broth, and thyme and bring to a boil, scraping up any brown bits in the pan. Cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- Add 1 Tbl. butter and cream to the pan, return veal pieces to pan. Simmer for about 5 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve veal pieces over egg noodles, spoon on sauce and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
24,014 total views, 2 views today