When I was growing up we enjoyed a vast array of appetizers for our Christmas Eve dinner. A tradition that I carried into my adult life. Several years ago we agreed that we all loved our Finger Food Feasts so much that we would carry it over to Christmas Day as well.
Now we’ve completely turned the tables and are enjoying a formal dinner on Christmas Eve. This year we’ll be having Prime Rib Roast and lots of wonderful side dishes. This Sweet Potato Casserole with Brown Sugar & Pecans is a favorite at Thanksgiving and likely will be at Christmas as well.
- 4 large sweet potatoes cooked & mashed or 1 (40 oz.) can sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (5.33 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine sweet potato ingredients and mix well. Pour into a 2-quart buttered casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine pecan topping ingredients. Crumble on top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
4,027 total views, 1 views today