Let me tell you about Spinach & Goat Cheese Quick Bread. Sautéed spinach and goat cheese are the signature ingredients yet there’s so much more happening here. Fresh rosemary and thyme, cracked black pepper, garlic and lemon zest are swirled throughout this moist and tender bread.
Buttery edges make this a delicious toasting bread, wonderful for Sunday Brunch or delicious served with a warm bowl of soup.
This is my second Quick Bread from a list of 50 put out by Food Network Magazine this month. I was drawn to their savory recipes, especially since they feature fresh herbs that are still flourishing in our porch gardens. Check out our Parmesan & Herb Quick Bread with Caramelized Onion. It’s equally delicious as the Spinach & Goat Cheese Quick Bread.
Where shall I go next? Sun-dried Tomato & Pesto caught my eye, as did Pear Hazelnut and Sweet Sage. What fun Food Network. Thanks for the inspiration!!
- 5-ounces spinach
- 1 Tbl. minced garlic
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 4-ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbl. sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- melted butter for drizzle after baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, hanging over on two sides. Spray pan well with cooking spray.
- Sauté spinach and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Press between paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sour cream, vegetable oil and eggs. In a large bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients. Fold in spinach and stir until well incorporated. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean (ours went the 50 minutes). Drizzle top with melted butter.
- Let cool 1 hour then remove loaf from pan and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
12,000 total views, 5 views today