Mel’s Smoked Sausage Hashbrown Casserole is one of the most popular side dishes at our company potluck lunches. So when I had a potluck of my own to attend this recipe instantly came to mind.
Smoked Beef Sausage and a can of RO*TEL give this casserole it’s flavor punch. Cream of Chicken and Cheese Soup give it a swirl of comfort food love. No, this recipe isn’t for the healthy eating police, but it sure is a crowd pleaser for special occasions.
Smoked Sausage Hashbrown Casserole makes a wonderful Breakfast & Brunch side dish, but is also hearty enough for a meal.
Today was my annual Thanksgiving Luncheon with my work family. Besides looking forward to Mel’s Hashbrown Casserole, we were dreaming of the long list of favorite dishes that have become an annual tradition. This year we have several new teammates, which meant glorious new dishes to fall in love with!! The food was incredible, but the fellowship is what I take away from the day. Being able to spend one uninterrupted hour with my second family with no phones or fires to put out stays with me all year long.
- 2 20-ounce bags of hashbrown potatoes, either shredded or diced
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farms smoked beef sausage, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cheese soup
- 1 can Rotel
- Lightly brown sausage in skillet; reserve.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add hash browns to pan and brown slightly, then combine with remaining ingredients, including sliced sausage.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Here was a glimpse at last year’s Thanksgiving Luncheon and my fun & easy Pumpkin Torte recipe.
15,400 total views, 2 views today