There was ‘something’ about this Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp & Feta that grabbed my attention from the moment I saw it. Which was two days ago, somewhere between 3:30 and 4:00 am, while lying in bed surfing Pinterest on my phone. This wide awake in the middle of the night thing has become a bit of a habit. I’ve been told it’s the age, for now I call it my inspirational ‘me’ time.
That ‘something’ that caught my attention may have been the three key ingredients presently residing in my kitchen. I had a nice hunk of feta leftover from our Greek Salad and I always keep a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer for a quick and easy meal option like this.
A quick Google search helped me relocate Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp & Feta. There were several variations. I chose this recipe from Real Simple and served it over a wonderful Seven Herb Pasta. The tomatoes roasted in garlic and olive oil created a beautiful sauce. The sharpness of the feta melted into the sauce allowing the shrimp to shine through. Truly delicious.
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 2 Tbl. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- cooked pasta or crusty bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place tomatoes and garlic in a small baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Add shrimp, feta, parsley and lemon juice. Stir gently. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon over cooked pasta or crusty bread.
5,545 total views, 3 views today