Peach Basil Relish aka Peach Basil Salsa.
Fresh juicy summer peaches bring a sweet-tart happiness to this relish. Finely diced shallot and lots of fresh basil and mint add balance. A little lemon juice and agave nectar encourage the ingredients to dance. Right into my mouth.
I made Peach Basil Relish to serve with Crisp Cod Cakes. The leftover Peach Basil Salsa made a wonderful snack with baked tortilla chips.
- 2 large peaches, pitted and cut into ¼" dice
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. honey or agave nectar
- Combine all ingredients in a serving bowl. Refrigerate unused portion.
10,779 total views, 1 views today