Wrapping up a fabulous April, spent celebrating National Grilled Cheese Month. Our Mediterranean Grilled Cheese Sandwich, layered with basil pesto, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and cheese, was phenomenal. All that goodness was sandwiched between two slices of fresh baked Jackalope Real Bread. Let me tell you a bit about that.
My friend Annabelle, aka California Country Gal, sent me a pouch of her grain-free, gluten-free, sugar-free multi-purpose baking mix to try. We chose to make a rustic loaf and as it was baking B and I almost in unison said ‘fresh baked bread….oh my.’ Wow.
We added fresh chopped sage, because well….our sage is thriving. And fresh herbs.
The results were amazing. Annabelle’s grain-free ingredients yielded a gorgeous loaf of bread. Most importantly the texture was bread-like. I’m not sure what I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised. After B and I slathered several slices with butter and scoffed them down standing at the counter…I declared a grilled cheese must happen.
Some of my favorite flavors came together so nicely in this Mediterranean Grilled Cheese. Fresh basil pesto, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, parmesan & Jarlsberg cheese.
For my gluten-free friends and sugar-free, ‘starch belly’ free fans, check out Jackalope Good Food Company @jackalope good food company for all of Annabelle’s Good Food products. A grilled cheese sandwich is in your future.
- 2 slices Jackalope Grain-Free Bread
- fresh basil pesto (see recipe link in post)
- artichoke hearts, quartered
- sundried tomatoes
- grated parmesan cheese
- grated Jarlsberg cheese
- butter for pan grilling
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 Tbl. butter.
- Layer bread slice with basil pesto, parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and Jarlsberg cheese. Top with second bread slice.
- Pan grill until golden brown, carefully turn over and grill until second side is golden and cheese is melty.
1,639 total views, 1 views today