When we set out to make a list of the new chicken wing flavors we wanted to share on Lemony Thyme, Jerk Chicken Wings were a clear front runner. It all comes down to the jerk marinade that is bursting with warm spices, hints of citrus, fresh herbs, a little kick, and a ton of aromatic love.Jump to Recipe
Don’t let this slightly long list of marinade ingredients give you pause. Each one of these components plays a starring role in the finished product. Orange zest, fresh ginger, cilantro, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, fresh thyme, jalapeño, garlic, green onions, chopped onion, olive oil, lime juice, hot sauce, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt & pepper.
Elevate your picnics, BBQs, backyard celebrations, weekday dinners, and Sunday fundays with these super flavorful crowd-pleasing Jerk Chicken Wings.
Jerk Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings drummettes and flats separated
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos for gluten free)
- 6 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice about 2 limes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest or orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce or more to taste
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves and stems chopped
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a zipper top bag or bowl. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
For Oven Method
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place rack in pan. Remove wings from marinade and arrange in single layer on rack. Bake for 1 hour or until wings are crispy.
For Grilling Method
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° – 400° F.). Remove wings from marinade and grill in single layer for 25-30 minutes, turning over several times, until cooked through (internal temp of 165° F.).
517 total views, 5 views today