Linguini with White Clam Sauce. Sometimes simple is simply the best. In the time it takes to cook the pasta, you can prepare the heavenly garlic butter white wine clam sauce.
I developed a craving for this dish last weekend while fumbling through the grocery store searching for dinner inspiration. There I stood in the pasta isle, working from left to right. We could have baked ziti, ooO with mini meatballs tucked inside. Or wait, stuffed shells sound like the kind of comfort food I’m craving. I’ve been wanting to have braised short ribs, they would be delicious with rigatoni. There you are cavatappi screaming pick me and bath me in cheese sauce. Just to your right is linguine, simply waiting for her turn to be considered. Linguine. First thing that pop’s into my mind is Linguine with White Clam Sauce. Bingo.
Off to produce for some fresh garlic and parsley before hitting the seafood counter. No clams!? How can that be, you always have clams?! I guess I can use canned clams, but they won’t be nearly as pretty in the pictures. Because it’s all about the pictures ;) Just kidding. Kind of.
Long story short, I hit every super market in town, seven to be exact. There wasn’t a clam to be found. My local Publix had them on order and expected the delivery on Monday morning. My point to all this is when the time changes, I have a very short window after work to picture recipes. I was able to swing by Publix and pick up the clams, get home and prepare, all before the sun went down. This dish is restaurant quality, made affordably and quickly at home.
These little jewels were worth the multiple trips across town. Note to self: call first. And don’t forget the garlic bread. You’ll want to mop up all of this garlic butter white wine clam sauce. Trust me on that. Enjoy!
Linguine with White Clam Sauce
- 4 ounces linguine noodles
- 4 Tbl. butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 15-20 live littleneck clams about 1/2 pound
- 1 6.5- ounce can chopped clams juice reserved
- 3 Tbl. fresh parsley chopped
- salt & pepper
- serve with garlic bread
- Heat large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minutes. Add in wine and clam juice. Simmer for 5 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add in chopped clams and littleneck clams. Cover and simmer until clams all open, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over cooked linguine with garlic bread.