Get a room full of people together for nearly any occasion, set out a platter of Pigs in a Blanket, and prepare to watch them disappear. In a hurry.
We’ve become very fond of Jennie-O Hot Italian Turkey Sausage. They seem to be on the menu most every week in one form or another. It was on the back of their packaging that I saw this fabulous idea for Italian Sausage Wrapped in Bread Dough.
Wrap cooked sausages in breadstick dough and bake them….Pigs in a Blanket style. Yet, bigger with grown up flavor.
We’ll be enjoying these while watching the Big Game this evening.
- 2 packages (10 sausage links) Jennie-O Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1 tube Pillsbury Breadsticks Dough
- Condiments of choice
- Cook sausage as instructed on package until fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Wrap each link in a breadstick. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with condiments of choice.
9,908 total views, 1 views today