Fish Taco Bowls.
I just adore complete meals served in a bowl. For breakfast, lunch or dinner. And I don’t discriminate against ingredients based on the time of day. As long as they are fresh and flavorful…I’m a happy girl.
I walked by my co-worker’s door carrying my breakfast the other morning and she called out….”are you having a salad for breakfast?” My go-to weekday breakfast is a big bowl of fresh spinach leaves (a great source of calcium and vitamins), topped with cooked egg whites and melted cheese (to give me enough protein to satisfy me until lunch) aka my breakfast salad. I’d be quite happy with a Fish Taco Bowl for breakfast any day.
Fish Taco Bowls
- 1 white fish fillet such as flounder or tilapia
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1 plum tomato diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 Tbl. shredded or crumbled cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro
- Season both sides of fish fillet with Cajun seasoning. Pan fry over medium heat in a non-stick skillet coated with olive oil spray; 2-3 minutes per side until it flakes easily with a fork.
- To assemble bowls, divide warm cooked rice between two bowls. Drizzle with olive oil and fresh lime juice. Top with edamame, avocado, tomato, olives, cheese and half of the fish fillet. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves.
6,425 total views, 1 views today