This is a beautiful recipe from King Arthur Flour for Zucchini Fries with Caramelized Onion Dip. Took them to a family gathering and everyone loved it, even the kids. Finger Food Rules!!
Serve these guys crispy from the oven with Caramelized Onion Dip and you’ll never think about a potato fry again. Zucchini Fries I love you!
- 3 medium zucchini cut into 3 inch sticks (a fat ½” thick)
- 1 Tbl. salt
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 eggs for dipping
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the zucchini sticks in a colander and sprinkle with salt and drain for one hour.
- Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
- Pat the zucchini dry with paper towels, then individually dip them in the egg then coat in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place on parchment lined, cooking spray coated baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then turn them over and bake for 8 more minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
12,117 total views, 5 views today