The Bloody Mary has come a long way baby from tomato juice & vodka. The myriad of spices and seasonings and sauces that can transform this drink is endless. If I only owned a juicer….just think how cool and colorful Mary could become (hint hint). Today we’ll stick with our every day humble blender and create a fresh crisp Green Bloody Mary.
~ Green Bloody Mary Recipe ~
For two cocktails, I used equal parts tomatillos, celery, cucumber, and green apple. About 1 cup of each rough chopped, skins removed.
Add 2 tsp. prepared Horseradish sauce, 1-2 Tbl. diced jalapeno, juice of 1/2 lime, a pinch of sea salt & fresh cracked pepper, and a good handful of cilantro.
Throw it all in the blender and pulse until well blended. I actually added a splash of juice to get my veggie tornado in motion (happened to be strawberry kiwi juice….keeping it green).
Rim glasses with a sea salt/celery seed blend. Fill glasses with ice cubes. Add 1 1/2 oz. chilled vodka. Fill glass with juice mixture.
Garnish with celery, olives, jalapeno, lime, cilantro…your favorite green accents.
It just so happens October 4th is National Vodka Day. I don’t make these things up. We had already planned dinner…a Bloody Mary Salad Dressing served over Avocado & Shrimp Salad, before we stumbled upon this tidbit of information. So we decided to throw in a couple cocktail recipes. Check out our Bloody Caesar Spicy Shrimp Shooters as well. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere!!
Sadly we missed National Rum Day back in August….we’ll make up for it next year.
Green Bloody Mary
- 2-3 to matillos chopped (papery husks removed)
- 2-3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled & chopped
- 1 green apple peeled & chopped
- 2 tsp. prepared Horseradish sauce
- 1-2 Tbl. diced jalapeno
- juice of 1 lime
- a pinch of sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- a good handful of cilantro
- 1/4 cup fruit juice such as apple, orange, kiwi, optional
- sea salt & celery seed for rim
- 3 oz. chilled vodka
- celery olives, jalapeno, lime, cilantro or your favorite green garnishes
- Throw it all in the blender and pulse until well blended. If you need more liquid to get the mixture started, add a splash of juice.
- Rim glasses with a sea salt/celery seed blend. Fill glasses with ice cubes. Add 1 1/2 oz. chilled vodka to each glass. Fill with juice mixture.
- Garnish with celery, olives, jalapeno, lime, cilantro…your favorite green accents.
42,484 total views, 5 views today