Crispy Parmesan Roasted Broccoli.
Move over cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, broccoli is making a comeback in this house!
Oven roasted, crispy-edged, parmesan-crusted, lemon-zested broccoli is THE best!!
You can serve it as an appetizer (hello…roasted Brussels sprouts are on nearly every appetizer menu).
You should definitely make it your go-to side dish. And Crispy Roasted Broccoli is more than happy stealing the show for any vegetarian meal!Jump to Recipe
If you generally cook one head of broccoli, make it two. If two is your go-to you’ll want 3 or even 4 heads.
You’ll want to dig in as soon as it’s out of the oven and this Crispy Parmesan Roasted Broccoli will disappear in a hurry.
To begin, cut broccoli into medium to large sized florets.
Drizzle a large baking sheet with a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Place florets in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, drizzle with a little more olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Roast at 450 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes until edges begin to brown.
Best served fresh from the oven, lightly sprinkled with lemon zest and shredded parmesan cheese. Hand everyone a fork and dig in or serve as your new BFF side dish!
Crispy Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is special.
Seriously, even our kids can’t get enough of it.
There’s something magical that happens to veggies when roasted in the oven. Those caramelized edges, tender centers, and almost nutty flavor (thanks to the parmesan) make this veggie a new favorite!
All my best,
Crispy Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 1 pound fresh broccoli cut into medium sized florets
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese divided
- freshly cracked black pepper
- lemon zest and shredded parmesan cheese to serve
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Drizzle 2 Tbl. olive oil onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper. Top with single layer of broccoli florets. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Roast broccoli in oven for 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with lemon zest and shredded parmesan cheese. Best served immediately.