This Caramelized Onion Dip is slightly sweet and oh so yummy.
The caramelized onions add layers of flavor and are definitely the star! The combination of honey and mustard is hard to beat!
You’ll definitely want to rake your favorite veggie or chip through this dip!
But I highly recommend these Zucchini Fries. They are the bomb!
Have you had Insalata Chicken Florentine from Macaroni Grill? Are there other copycat recipes you’d like to see us recreate? I’d love for you to comment below. Your feedback is so important to me (and keeps the recipe love fresh).
All my best,
Caramelized Onion Dip
- For the Caramelized Onion Dip…
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make caramelized onions, cook onions in butter stirring occasionally until the onions soften and caramelize.
- Once the onions are a medium brown, remove from the heat and add the vinegar.
- Place the onions and vinegar into a small food processor.
- Add the honey and mustard, and process or blend until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste.