This soup was bursting with flavors. Some of that was due to the overnight chilling. This soup started as a hot soup the night before. It wasn’t until the next morning when I went to the fridge to see what leftovers I could turn into breakfast that I discovered the full beauty of this soup. And so it became Chilled Curried Zucchini Soup.
Chilled Curried Zucchini Soup Recipe (plus or minus according to taste & preference)
Chilled Curried Zucchini Soup
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. lemony thyme leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sage leaves finely chopped
- 2 zucchini squash large dice about 3 cups
- 1 qt. vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. yellow curry powder
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- sour cream for garnish
- In a 2 qt. sauce pan, saute onion & shallot in olive oil over med low heat until onion is translucent. Then add garlic, thyme, and sage saute for 1 additional minute.
- Then add zucchini, broth, and curry powder and bring to boil. Reduce heat and gently boil until squash is tender but not mush. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Puree soup with handheld immersion blender or in batches in traditional blender. Chill completely.
- Serve will dollop of sour cream. Garnish with Lemony Thyme leaves.
6,054 total views, 2 views today