These are Addicting Chili Cheese Sweet Potato Fries.
They are a hearty fill-you-up meal that eat like nachos. They also happen to be a fantastic way to use up your favorite leftover chili from the weekend.
And I call that winning!Jump to Recipe
Sweet Potato fries are the perfect pairing for a chili topping. The flavors meld so well together. For this recipe you can make your own Sweet Potato Fries or simply use frozen.
There is no shame in frozen French fries and these from ALEXIA are pretty darn good!! They bake up nice and crispy. The perfect base for your favorite chili and lots of cheesy goodness!
Now when it comes to the ‘Chili’ in these Sweet Potato Chili Cheese Fries – you can use your favorite or choose one of ours here. We have meaty chili, vegetarian chili, spicy chili, heart healthy chili. You pick.
When building your chili cheese fries, don’t skimp on toppings. We chose cheddar cheese, but Pepperjack or Monterrey Jack would be amazing! Fresh cilantro and sliced avocado are a must too!
Wrap me in a cozy blank, with a new Netflix series on the tv, and a plate of these Sweet Potato Fries and I’ll be one happy camper.
Is this the right time to ask…. What are you watching on Netflix right now? We’re always up for suggestions! Admittedly I was late to the Netflix game and only began to understand ‘binge watching’ about a year ago. I get it now ;-)
All my best,
Chili Cheese Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes or 1 bag frozen sweet potato fries
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic & Herb seasoning
- 2 cups prepared Chili
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 avocado sliced
- fresh cilantro & scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Wash sweet potatoes and scrub skins. Then cut into 3/8-inch to 1/2-inch sized fries. Toss with olive oil and seasoning. Bake for 10 minutes then turn fries over and bake an additional 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown. If using frozen, skip oil and cook according to package instructions. Meanwhile heat chili and shred cheese.
- To serve layer sweet potatoes with chili and cheese on an oven proof pan. Pop into oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with fresh cilantro, sliced avocado and scallions.