Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sliders
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sliders.
Relatively wordless Wednesday Post. Soooo.
I walk a lot. It’s my time to silently talk through things and exhale. My time. During walking my brain churns which often inspires new recipes. These Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sliders were the walking brain child inspired by these…
Mini-Fresh Mozzarella Balls.
Don’t let this delicate photo of fresh mozzarella balls fool you. They came in a giant tub from Costco and found their way into more than one recipe. Yet at the end of the day aka Labor Day Weekend, the survivors deserved proper recognition. I don’t know, that’s just the way I think.
I’m walkin’, yes indeed and I’m talkin’
About you and me, I’m hopin’
That you’ll come back to me, yeah-yeah
I’m lonely as I can be, I’m waitin’
For your company, I’m hopin’
That you’ll come back to me
We all have songs that stick in our heads. This is my get your steps on anthem.
Marinated mozzarella balls stuffed inside perfectly seasoned chicken meatballs, served parmesan slider style with mouthwatering marinara and freshly baked slider buns.
I’m talkin’ party pleaser, family-friendly, game-day changer recipe tonight.
Whoomp. There it is. So sorry about those lame references.
Kind of. But not really. Let’s just move on.
These Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sliders are everything I’ve mentioned above and more. Wait, is this a relatively wordless Wednesday post. damn. I’ve failed. Thanks for hanging with me.
Don’t forget to follow us @LemonyThyme on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook!
All my best,
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sliders
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic & herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 8 mini-fresh mozzarella balls about the diameter of a quarter
- 2-3 Tbl. olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 slider buns
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Combine egg, bread crumbs and next eight ingredients, through red pepper flakes. Add in ground chicken and gently mix by hand until just combined.
- Form into eight 2-inch diameter meatballs. Press a mozzarella ball into the middle of each meatball and enclose.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and pan-brown meat balls on all sides.
- Pour marinara into 2-quart casserole. Nestle browned meat balls in sauce. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Split slider buns and toast until golden. Place a chicken parmesan meatball on each bun, dollop with marinara sauce & fresh shaved parmesan.
Made just the chicken patty part and served them on a bed of spaghetti squash. In a word — yummy! Thanks for your creativity and talent.
libby, your photography skills are fab and so is this recipe. We love your Italian meatballs so I’m sure this will be a keeper too xoxo
How nice Beverley. Thank you so much and I hope these become a new favorite.
Julie is Hostess At Heart
These meatballs look delicious! Perfect for a football gathering! I know exactly that tub of mozzarella balls you’re talking about too! I got them last year and don’t think we ever finished it. :)
Perfect Game Day food is right. I’m tempted to make them again this weekend. Thank you so much for stopping by Julie. Have a great weekend.