Why have I waited so long to discover how easy AND inexpensive it is to make Restaurant-Style Salsa at home, by simply using your blender?!
We love Fresh Tomato Salsa in the summer when the tomatoes are abundant and delicious. But frankly, I’m not willing to pay for over-priced, not all that tasty, supermarket tomatoes during the winter months. Instead we turn to our freezer where we’ve got Homemade Tomato Sauce and to our pantry where we always have canned tomatoes on hand.
1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes (preferably no salt added), one onion, 2-3 jalapenos, 2-3 garlic cloves, a handful of fresh cilantro, a dash of lime juice, and a sprinkle of cumin, salt & pepper go into the blender.
We like our salsa a little bit chunky when serving with chips. So just several good pulses in the blender or Vitamix until the desired consistency is reached. If you have time, chill the salsa for an hour or so before serving to let all the flavors come together.
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice (preferably no salt added)
- 1 onion, large diced
- 2-3 jalapenos, seeds removed, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 handful fresh cilantro small stems and leaves (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp. lime juice or to taste
- 1 tsp. cumin or to taste
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- ½ tsp. black pepper or to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Place all ingredients into your blender or Vitamix container. Pulse until desired consistency is reached. Adjust seasonings to taste. Chill before serving.
2,544 total views, 2 views today