Blueberry, Basil & Goat Cheese Pasta Salad.
I recently saw an article in Cooking Light Magazine that featured 250 Calorie Pasta Dishes. The idea was to start with a portion of your favorite cooked pasta, then add 3-4 of your favorite mix-ins to create a fabulous meal. That got me thinking.
I’ve discovered a love for blueberries and goat cheese paired together. I’ve also discovered, thanks to Gabby’s Olive Branch, a love for Tuscan Herb OVOO paired with Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar. Add fresh basil, and in our case the lovely lemon basil, with chopped macadamia nuts and I had visions of this beautiful pasta salad dancing through my dreams.
- 4 oz. penne pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 Tbl. macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 Tbl. fresh basil leaves
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup Tuscan Herb EVOO
- 1 Tbl. blueberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cool water and toss with 1 Tbl. olive oil. Chill or serve room temperature.
- Divide cooked pasta into two bowls. Sprinkle each serving with half of blueberries, goat cheese, macadamia nuts, and fresh basil.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients until they emulsify. Drizzle over pasta salad. Season with sea salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste.
4,910 total views, 2 views today