I have had the pleasure of getting to know the recipes of one special chef. Her name is Chef Lisi Parsons and her dishes are full of flavor and ‘real’ ingredients. She shared this Recipe with me. I couldn’t wait to make her Caramelized Onion & Pancetta Crustless Quiche.
This dish has so much good going on. First it is naturally low-carb and gluten-free making it very attractive to so many of our friends. The goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes bring a wonderful flavor punch, and the fresh herbs will make you smile. The signature ingredients of caramelized onion and pancetta make this quiche hearty and well received by all members of the family.
Thank you Chef Lisi for sharing your Caramelized Onion & Pancetta Crustless Quiche recipe with me and allowing me to share it with others. It’s fabulous just like you.
Here’s our method for making Caramelized Onions.
Caramelized Onion & Pancetta Crustless Quiche
- 8 ounces pancetta
- 1 Tbl. fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 Tbl. fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large onions sliced in half then into slices
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 ounces sun dried tomatoes
- 8 eggs beaten
- 2 Tbl. fresh chives chopped
- Cook pancetta with rosemary, thyme and pepper in a cast iron skillet until browned. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add sliced onions and shallot to skillet and sprinkle with salt. Cook until caramelized about 35 – 45 minutes. See link in post for method.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once onions have caramelized add in the cooked pancetta and herbs, then sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes.
- Beat eggs in a bowl then pour over onion/pancetta mixture. Top with chives.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until quiche is set. Do not overbrown the bottom.