I will admit that I whipped up this Beef & Bean Chili for the sole purpose of picturing it….on a Baked Potato. That’s right. I’m about ready to share a big potato round-up I’ve been working on. Stay tuned…
In the meantime, I’ll assume you’re here for a very basic, but very tasty Beef & Bean Chili recipe. I pictured it in a bread bowl first, because to me that’s a Win in the Chili World.
I sometimes envision myself as a member of Chili World.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup diced sweet peppers
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 4.5-ounce can mild green chiles
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 can red beans, rinsed & drained
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 2 Tbl. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. cocoa powder
- bread bowls, sour cream, crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese to garnish
- In a heavy bottomed pot, brown ground beef. Drain and reserve. In same pot add onion and peppers; sauté until tender. Add tomatoes, beans, chili sauce and seasonings and bring to a boil. Return ground beef to pan. Adjust seasoning to taste, allow to simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve in bowls or bread bowls, topped with sour cream, crispy bacon and cheddar cheese.
2,501 total views, 1 views today