Without question, 7-Layer Mexican Dip will be included in our Game Day appetizer spread. While the guest list will be dramatically reduced, the enthusiasm will remain high and the food options plentiful.
As we started to kick around new and old-favorite recipe ideas for Sunday’s big game, we took a moment to reflect on the fact that we’re likely not to pack our living room with dozens of screaming fans any time soon. How we scale, prepare and serve dishes has and will continue to change. So for those of you folks like us who love to cook and entertain….we’re in this together.
That’s when we decided to take our beloved dip and turn it into individually portioned Walking 7-Layer Mexican Dip! Remember Walking Tacos served in single-serving bags of chips?! Which reminds me… have you seen the pictures on social media of Jarcuterie?!! Mini mason jars filled with skewers of meats and cheeses, fruits and veggies, savory and sweet. Simply Brilliant!
Our Walking 7-Layer Mexican Dip goes like this:
Begin with 12 wide-mouth 8 ounce mason jars.
Layer 1: Refried Beans (the smooth restaurant style works best) piped into the bottom of each jar.
Layer 2: Guacamole
Layer 3: Sour Cream & Cream Cheese with Taco Seasoning (also in piping bag).
Layer 4: Shredded Cheese
Layer 5: Diced Tomatoes
Layer 6: Sliced Black Olives
Layer 7: Sliced Scallions
Recipe Note: cover each jar and refrigerate until ready to serve, preferably within 24 hours but will keep in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Best served with Tostitos or Fritos SCOOPS. If you have any leftover fixings grab yourself a small bowl and layer away, there should be no wasted ingredients.
Walking 7-Layer Mexican Dip
- 1 16-ounce can Refried Beans smooth restaurant style
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole
- 8 ounces Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives about 1/2 cup
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- Begin with 12 8-ounce wide mouth mason jars. Stir refried beans in a bowl to make them smooth, then transfer to a quart sized storage bag or piping bag. Combine sour cream, softened cream cheese and taco seasoning until well blended then transfer to a quart sized storage bag or piping bag.
- Pipe about a 1/2" layer of refried beans into the bottom of each mason jar. Next top each with a spoonful of guacamole, then pipe a layer of sour cream mixture. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of sour cream, followed by diced tomatoes, sliced black olives and scallions.
- Store in refrigerator prior to serving. Best served with Tostitos or Fritos Scoops. Note: If you have any remaining ingredients you can make additional jars or layer into a small bowl.
627 total views, 3 views today