Tomato, Cheddar & Basil Pie
This Tomato Cheddar & Basil Pie might just be the prettiest pie I’ve ever made. There’s something so beautiful about a rainbow of homegrown ripe tomatoes.
I’ll let these pictures do the talking. Words wouldn’t do it justice.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.
Don’t forget to follow us @LemonyThyme on Instagram and Facebook! And check out our latest TikTok videos and Pinterest boards too!
All my best,
Tomato & Cheddar Pie
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 1/2 Tbl. cornmeal
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbl. fresh basil roughly chopped
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbl. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Lay tomato slices in a single layer on paper towels to drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place pie crust into pie plate. Trim edges. Sprinkle cornmeal evenly over crust.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper. In a separate bowl, mix two cheeses together.
- To assemble pie, sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese to bottom of pie. Layer 1/3 of tomato slices in single layer. Spread with half of the mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 of the scallions and basil and about 3/4 cup of cheese. Layer 1/3 of tomato slices topped with remaining mayonnaise, scallions, basil and 3/4 cup of cheese. Top with remaining tomato slices and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cover edges of crust with foil if becoming too brown. Allow pie to cool for at least an hour before serving.
This recipe looks awesome! I really enjoy looking through your blog. Thank you!
Prash @ YummilyYours
Deeeeelicious is the word!
Thanks for coming and linking up at #The Weekend Social. Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on Kitchen Dreaming.com ! I hope to see you there! Pinned