Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, Lemony Thyme, Garlic, Panko, Olive Oil, Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper (according to taste) Encrusted Petite Lamb Chop with Balsamic Glaze & Crispy Leeks. Can you say melt in your mouth goodness.
The herbs gave this simply pan seared, then oven roasted chop, amazing layers of flavors. Flash fried thinly sliced leeks added the right crunch and contrast. And a bit of balsamic glaze gave the right finish. We made this as an appetizer but would definitely add an extra chop and a side and declare it’s What’s for Dinner!
Simon & Garfunkel Herb & Garlic Encrusted Lamb Chop with Crispy Leeks
For lamb chops…
- 4 petite lamb chops
- 1 Tbl. fresh parsley minced
- 1 Tbl. fresh sage minced
- 1 Tbl. lemony thyme minced
- 1 tsp. rosemary minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- canola oil for searing
For crispy leeks…
- 2 leeks rinsed well and thinly sliced
- canola or peanut oil for frying
- salt & pepper
- pinch cayenne
- 4 Tbl. balsamic glaze
For the lamb chops…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat lamb chops dry with paper towel. Sprinkle both sides with salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine minced herbs, garlic, panko crumbs, olive oil, salt & pepper. Mix well to combine.
- In a large oven proof skillet heat 1 Tbl. canola oil to medium-high. Once hot add lamb chops and sear for 2 minutes undisturbed. Turn chops over and remove from heat. Top each chop with about 1/4 cup of herbed crumb mixture, pressing it into chops.
- Place skillet in oven and cook for 5-7 minutes or until chops are done to your liking.
For the crispy leeks…
- In a heavy bottom pot, heat 1″ of canola oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry leeks in oil until golden brown 1-2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season as soon as out of the oil.
- To serve, drizzle plate with balsamic glaze. Top with lamb chop and side of crispy leeks.
13,210 total views, 5 views today