This super easy recipe is a wonderful twist on the Thanksgiving favorite cranberry sauce ~ Cranberry Orange Chutney with Crystallized Ginger. I’ve slightly adapted this recipe from one I found on Epicurious and this year we’re going to use this lovely chutney in Cranberry Orange & Ginger Chutney Brie Tarts, a recipe by the Authentic Suburban Gourmet. I can hardly wait!!
I’ll admit that I’m not a huge cranberry sauce fan. Growing up, Mom and Sarah gave it equal status to stuffing. I didn’t get it. I’ve come to appreciate cranberries and the nuance that their sweet-tart flavor adds to a meal or sandwich or cocktail.
- 1 12-ounce bag cranberries
- 1 cup water
- ½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbl. fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup match-stick cut crystallized ginger
- Boil 1 cup of water with sugar and salt until combined.
- Add in bag of cranberries, orange juice & zest and boil for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until cranberries burst. Cool.
- Stir in crystallized ginger. Cover and refrigerate.
9,978 total views, 10 views today