This traditional Greek cucumber yogurt sauce is a key ingredient in a Lamb Gyro and Greek Chicken Meatballs. It also makes a wonderful dip to pair with a fresh veggie platter. Served chilled, it’s so nice and light, yet full of flavor. The fresh mint, garlic, and lemon juice play oh so nicely together. I could go on. Instead I think you should make some…you’ll love it.
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely diced cucumber
- 2 Tbl. fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic clove very finely minced
- 2 Tbl. fresh mint leaves finely minced
- pinch kosher salt
- Place yogurt in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and drain for 1 hour in refrigerator. Squeeze diced cucumber between paper towels to remove excess moisture, then combine with strained yogurt and remaining ingredients. Store unused sauce covered in refrigerator for up to one week. Yield = 1 cup