I received a text message yesterday…four magic words “I’ve got dinner covered.” Maple-Brined Grilled Pork Chops, spinach salad, and a baked potato to share. All from Fridge/Pantry ingredients. I was so inspired that I took our one baking potato and showed it some love. Rosemary, Parmesan & Paprika Oil Roasted Potatoes.
We’re in the middle of another Eat Out of the Fridge/Pantry Week at our house. If this is the first time you’ve heard me use that phrase, here is a simple explanation of how we arrived at this point. Back to back weeks of recipe creating, holiday cooking, and reckless abandon for anything that resembled sensible eating. When you open the refrigerator and you can’t tell if the light is on because the open jars, leftover containers, and mystery packages are piled so high there’s no light coming through…in the words of native Georgian Jeff Foxworthy….Here’s your sign. And when your pantry resembles a teenage girl’s closet right after she ‘cleaned’ her room; you protect your head as you slowly open the doors for fear of flying debris…Here’s your sign. So if you’ve got that going on at your house…Stay away from the grocery store and Eat Out of the Fridge/Pantry for a week.
Scrub your potato, cut into 1/4″ thick slices, use cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the centers, toss it all in a zip top bag with some grated Parmesan cheese, minced fresh rosemary, salt, pepper, and wonderful Paprika Oil (any olive oil would work fine).
Line a shallow baking pan with parchment paper and spread potatoes in a single layer. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, turn over and cook another 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
The best part of oven roasted potatoes are edges, so why not maximize the goodness. You are sure to get a smile when you set a plate of these Rosemary, Parmesan & Paprika Oil Roasted Potatoes in front of your loved ones :)
Rosemary, Parmesan & Paprika Oil Roasted Potatoes
- 2 baking potatoes washed and scrubbed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Paprika oil or olive oil of choice
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary minced fine (about 1/2 tsp.)
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice potatoes about 1/4″ thick, use cookie cutter to cut shapes in center.
- Combine potatoes, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper in a zip top bag and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn once and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
6,533 total views, 2 views today