Sometimes I crave Spaghetti & Meatballs. I’m not really a big ‘craver’…if that is a word, except Chocolate cravings….those happen most days at
either 3 pm or and 9 pm.
We love ground turkey and often choose it over ground beef. First and foremost because ground turkey begs for you to add flavor and seasoning and that suits our cooking quite well. A Pasta Sauce, Basic Tomato Sauce or Marinara Sauce is so versatile that we keep containers frozen for just such an occasion.
Nothing really special about this Spaghetti & Meatballs recipe. You may be wondering why I would even bother posting it. Lemony Thyme, above all else, is a place for me to record recipes and share them. The truth is it has become a recipe box for me and I use it as a resource, as I hope some of you will. Oh and there is this crazy idea that popped into my head about making a Spaghetti & Meatball Grilled Cheese Sandwich…in honor of National Grilled Cheese Month of course ;)
- 2 cups Tomato Sauce (see recipe links in post)
- ½ lb. cooked spaghetti
- 1 1-1/4 lb. Jennie-O Ground Turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread, ground fine
- 2 Tbl. Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup onion, fine diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbl. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line shallow baking sheet with non-stick foil.
- Combine all meatball ingredients, until just blended (do not overwork). Form into 2" balls and place on foil lined baking sheet, we made 15.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve meatballs over cooked spaghetti with tomato sauce.
You might also like our Great Big Italian Meatballs recipe.
7,320 total views, 1 views today