Roasted Lemon & Artichoke Chicken.
We were looking for an easy weeknight meal that could be made from ingredients already on hand. We like to keep boneless skinless chicken breasts in our freezer. We buy them in bulk, trim them of any fat, then lightly pound them to an even thickness before freezing them flat in bags of two. When we’re ready to use them we just thaw and create our meal.
I had spotted this wonderful Roasted Lemon & Artichoke Chicken recipe on my friend Sandi ~ A New York Foodie’s page. We adore Mediterranean flavors and the combination of lemon, artichokes, and capers go so beautifully together.
Oven roasting the lemon slices until caramelized adds such depth of flavor to the sauce. And since this makes such a lovely sauce, we served it over a bed of angel hair pasta. Oh my. Delicious.
Slightly adapted from A New York Foodie.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 Tbl. flour
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbl. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbl. capers
- 1 6-ounce jar artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- parsley to garnish
- 4-ounces angel hair or favorite pasta, cooked al dente
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay lemon slices in single layer and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, dust chicken breast in flour. Pan sauté in olive oil until golden brown and done, approx. 5-6 minutes per side. Reserve cooked chicken and keep warm.
- Add butter to sauté pan and sauté garlic for one minute. Add in capers, artichoke hearts, chicken broth, and white wine. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to cook down until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Return chicken pieces to pan to warm through. Serve over cooked pasta with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.
11,916 total views, 8 views today