Succulent Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Succulent Scallops Wrapped in Bacon.
Without a doubt scallops are my most favorite shellfish, especially big sweet sea scallops. If they didn’t cost quite so much I believe I could eat them every day.
There are so many ways to serve scallops but wrapped in bacon is a classic that will never go out of style.
I adore scallops so much that I made a recipe roundup dedicated to this treasure of the sea. Check out our favorite scallop recipes here.
To make these gorgeous bacon wrapped creatures I started the bacon in the oven. About 10 minutes at 350 until lightly browned.
Rinse the scallops and pat dry, then season edges with favorite spices….we used cayenne pepper & brown sugar this time.
Wrap each scallop with a piece of bacon and add to a metal skewer.
Season tops and bottoms of scallops with salt & pepper and grill over medium heat (oil grill grates to avoid sticking) for about 2-3 minutes per side.
Delicious, sweet, juicy goodness wrapped in love.
Don’t forget to follow us @LemonyThyme on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook!
All my best,
Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
- 4 large Sea Scallops
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Start the bacon in the oven, about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry.
- Season edges with cayenne and brown sugar.
- Wrap each scallop with a piece of bacon and add to a metal skewer.
- Season tops and bottoms of scallops with salt & pepper
- Grill over medium heat (oil grill grates to avoid sticking) for about 2-3 minutes per side.
Del's cooking twist
I love sea scallops. What a wonderful idea to wrap them in bacon!
This is my favorite treat!! Even more so than chocolate :)