I discovered a lovely new shop for premium olive oils & balsamic vinegars. I came home with Blackberry Ginger Balsamic, among others. The flavor is so wonderful. Sweet, yet balanced by vinegar tart with a smooth finish. I’m now on a mission to come up with as many ways to incorporate it into my meals as possible.
- 2 Pears, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 Tbl. Blackberry Ginger Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbl. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbl. sugar
- 15 - 20 peppercorns
- Combine vinegars, sugar, and peppercorns in a small saucepan and warm over low heat until sugar dissolves. Add thin sliced pears and poach for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and allow pears to steep for 1 hour. Remove pears from liquid.
- Return liquid to heat and cook to reduce slightly.
5,684 total views, 1 views today