Chicken Parmesan over pasta makes me comfortable and happy. Today I delivered it to a friend with hopes it does the same for her :)
Chicken breasts, lightly breaded, pan browned, topped with a basic tomato sauce, mozzarella & Parmesan cheese. Easy comfort.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs combined with
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 3 cups basic tomato sauce
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Linguini or other favorite pasta
- Fresh chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip each pounded chicken breasts into flour, then egg, then crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over med. heat.
- Lightly brown each chicken piece, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place browned pieces in a bakind dish.
- Top each breast with 1/2 cup tomato sauce, reserving 1 cup for pasta.
- Top each breast with sliced mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cheese has melted.
- Serve over pasta with fresh basil.