From THE moment I tasted these Parmesan Herb Roasted Potatoes I knew. I knew we would become very close. These potatoes and I. The Parmesan cheese creates a crispy coating on the tender well seasoned potatoes. Heavenly really.
We made them 4 days in a row. Small batches of course, but nonetheless, we couldn’t get enough of them. If we hadn’t run out of my new bff Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil I’m pretty certain we’d be on day 10 in a row by now.
For starters sprinkle the Parmesan cheese into the baking pan before placing the ‘baking‘ potatoes cut-side down in the pan. So here’s how our version goes.
We used ‘petite‘ potatoes (tiny Idaho or Yukon Gold both worked well…remember we ate these 4 days straight), sliced in half. We coated them with a generous amount of Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil (or you can use your favorite EVOO). Then we tossed in a couple handfuls of fresh herbs. For us that meant the ones that came back from last year….Rosemary, Thyme, and their sister Sage.
Into that we grated fresh Parmesan cheese (as I write I talk to myself…and in my head I just sounded like Sandra Lee….’IN. to THAT. we grated’…sorry, moving on). Salt & pepper…everything squinched up in a Ziploc bag then poured out onto a baking pan. I also missed the part about cut-side down. So I cooked mine about 20 minutes then flipped them over and cooked them another 15 minutes. At this point both sides were feeling the Parmesan crusty love….I’m pretty sure that’s winning.
Parmesan Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lb. petite Idaho or baby Yukon gold potatoes sliced in half
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup EVOO better yet Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 1-2 handfuls fresh herbs such as rosemary, sage, and thyme
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large zipper top bag or mixing bowl, toss potato halves with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, herb sprigs, salt & pepper.
- Pour onto a shallow rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then using a spatula turn potatoes over and bake another 15 minutes.