I fell in love with this wonderful Benny Sauce marinade almost 15 years ago. My mom-in-law paired it with boneless turkey breasts and it became a favorite of mine (one of many of her beautiful recipes). By the ingredients list you can see it’s full flavored and fabulous. And when I tell you that each of these ingredients smiles at you, I mean it. They wink and smile.
I marinated Jennie-O Turkey Tenderloins which tend to marinate more quickly than larger sized turkey breasts. They are super juicy and perfect for grilling, although they bake well too. The Benny Sauce marinade becomes a fabulous sauce. Simply boil marinade after tenderloins have been removed and reserve to drizzle over sliced turkey. All the wonderful dried herbs combined with the lemon and red wine vinegar bring such a lovely flavor. While we adore this turkey hot off the grill, I must admit I’ve hidden the leftover sliced turkey from B….to quietly enjoy it cold on a sandwich the next day (sorry babe, time to come clean).
Oh my. I think you’ll really enjoy this one.
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp. ground marjoram
- 1 ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp. hot sauce
- 2 24-ounce pkgs. Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Tenderloins
- In a small sauce pan, bring all marinade ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool thoroughly.
- Place turkey in a large shallow dish, pour marinade over turkey. Cover and chill 4-6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium high or oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove turkey from marinade, reserve marinade.
- If grilling, grill tenderloins for about 10 minutes per side, quarter turning after 5 minutes. Grill until instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees (or slightly less when resting). Remove to a plate and cover with foil. Allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing (turkey will continue cooking, about 5 additional degrees).
- If baking, place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Boil reserved marinade for 1 minute and serve with turkey.
6,375 total views, 1 views today