This Inside Out Fresh Herb Omelet was my Healthy Choice post-workout meal.
Four weeks ago today I arrived at the office with workout clothes in hand (after taking 4 months off). I was committed to getting back into an exercise routine and knew I would need the encouragement of teammates to keep me on track. So when the lunchtime walking crew lined up to head out, I followed right along. Well actually I lagged behind a good bit, but I did it. A 2.61 mile power walk in 40 minutes.
It was time to incorporate an exercise routine back into my daily life. I had been very committed last year right up until the holiday season and cold weather set in. I’m making no excuses this time. After the second day, feeling rather confident I asked B “how long does it takes to create a habit?” His response “One day was a fluke, two days is a coincidence, after three days you’ll be showing a trend…I have no idea on the habit thing.”
So the next day I posed the same question to my walking buddies and without hesitation MP replied “Twenty-one days to create a habit.” There you have it. I walked every day, rain or shine, for 21 days straight. I took the 22nd day off and have walked every day since. I love my new habit.
Our herb gardens are very happy right now. In fact I need to start harvesting on a regular basis to encourage continued growth. We typically dry fresh herbs in the fall, but this year I’m going to begin now and continue throughout the growing season. It sure was nice having jars of dried herbs last winter. If you’re interested in growing, harvesting, using, storing, freezing, and drying herbs check out my article here.
I made this omelet from one egg and one egg white. As the egg began to set I sprinkled on a generous handful of chopped fresh herbs before flipping. A little shredded cheddar in the middle, sides folded over, and voila…this ready in 10 minutes, beautiful Inside Out Fresh Herb Omelet was the perfect lunch.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¼ tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, chopped (such as tarragon, chive, lemony thyme, scallion, cilantro)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- Whisk together egg, egg white, and seasoning.
- Spray skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture, lifting edges slightly with a rubber spatula allowing loose egg to run underneath.
- Sprinkle omelet with chopped fresh herbs. Flip omelet. Sprinkle cheddar cheese down the center, then fold in both sides. Season will salt & pepper to taste.
4,658 total views, 2 views today