Grouper is a lovely firm white fish, which makes it sturdy enough for grilling, wonderful broiled for a Grouper Sandwich, or served our favorite way…baked with a horseradish & herb bread crumb topping. Horseradish & Herb Encrusted Grouper is a simple and delicious way to elevate the flavors of this mild fish.
To prepare the Grouper, sprinkle both sides of the fillet with salt and pepper and set aside. For the topping, make two cups of fresh bread crumbs out of crusty day-old bread. Toss crumbs with 3-4 tablespoons of chopped flat leaf parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of minced fresh thyme and rosemary. Add 2 generous tablespoons of prepared horseradish (or to taste), and about 1/4 cup of mayonnaise to bind.
Gently mix to ‘loosely’ combine ingredients, then season with salt and pepper. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Place grouper fillet skin side down (the skin will have been removed, however you’ll be able to see which was the skin side) then spread topping evenly over the fish. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
The fish will be moist and the topping will become crispy on the outside and bursting with flavor on the inside. This dish can be prepared for baking several hours ahead which makes it a great meal for entertaining friends. Let stand at room temperature for 10 – 15 minutes before baking. Serve with vegetable medley or a nice Orzo & Roasted Brussels Sprout Saute. Horseradish & Herb Encrusted Grouper is definitely on our favorites list.
- 1 1lb. grouper fillet
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 3-4 Tbl. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- ½ tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 2-3 Tbl. prepared horseradish
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- Scallions, thin sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of grouper fillet with salt & pepper and lay skin side down in baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs with fresh herbs, then gently mix in horseradish and mayonnaise until loosely combined. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Spread topping on fish and bake uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle with sliced scallions.
21,410 total views, 13 views today